Francis Wyman Falcons SOAR!!!
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Welcome to the beginning of a wonderful year for your second grade child. My name is Maureen Schnee and I have been part of the Burlington Public Schools since 2003. I taught Fourth Grade for 10 years. I am now in my second year teaching Second Grade I have had a wonderful summer with my husband, Dave, and my two very active children, Caroline (6) and Caleb (2). We spent some time down the Cape and with our family in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. My summer was a time to relax and prepare for the coming year. I look forward to meeting you and making it a successful year at Francis Wyman.
The success of our classroom depends on you, your child, and me. We can provide many positive experiences through open communication between school and home. Please feel free to contact me through email (Schnee@bpsk12.org) or phone 781-272-6821. I will also post important events, pictures, and info on my blog (schnee212.blogspot.com). I have also found it very easy to communicate through “Remind” which can be used with an app or email. Text 81010 the message @schnee212. I will often send out last minute information or reminders through “Remind”. It allows you to see it as a text message. Please be on the lookout for information in your child’s Homework Folder.
Here are some important informational items.
- School begins at 8:10 (It is important that children arrive on time.) and dismissal is at 2:15. Children should not be dropped off before 7:55. If your child is getting picked up early, they must be dismissed from the office.
- Notes: I must have a note for any change in transportation or dismissal for your child. It is not only a reminder for me but for your child as well. Without a note I am not permitted to allow children to change buses or go home with a friend. Please call the office, not the classroom, with any last minute changes in transportation.
- Lunch: Children may buy lunch, milk or bring their own lunch. They may also purchase snacks during lunchtime.
- Snack: We have snack daily at 10:00. We are a nut free classroom. I encourage all children to bring a snack. Juice, fruit, yogurt, crackers, dry cereal, etc. are good choices. (no soda or candy please)
- Recess: We will go out daily unless it rains or it is below 25 degrees. Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately
- Buses: Please make sure your child knows their bus number. Children
going to after care at the school should bring me a note at the
beginning of the year with the days they will be attending
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this important information. I can be reached at 781- 238-6821 if you have any questions or concerns. Let’s make it a great year together.